The word “empowerment” is used a lot in personal development circles but what does it really mean in practice?
I’ve put together a checklist for personal empowerment which, when followed, will enable you to embody the principles of empowerment in your everyday life. Some of these come from my own experience and others come from learning from other great teachers in fields of personal and spiritual development.
- Be true to your word.
- Be the best you can be in all situations.
- Question everything.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Consciously respond rather than react to situations.
- Be open to receiving.
- Celebrate even the smallest achievements.
- Look for the learning in every situation.
- Be open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Relax and go with the flow.
- Let go of resistance to what is.
- Believe in yourself.
- Be in the present moment.
- Be aware of your thoughts and feelings.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Embrace every challenge as a gift.
- Be grateful for what you already have.
- Give generously without agenda or expectations.
- Don’t give in to fear.
- Don’t hold grudges.
- Accept your weaknesses.
- Fulfill your purpose.
- Develop self-knowledge.
- Develop self-love.
- Live in alignment with spiritual laws.
It may be a long list but these are the fundamental components of developing higher consciousness as part of your conscious evolution. At first, it may be a challenge to incorporate these into the situations you experience on a day to day basis but the results will be worth it as they will enhance your communication skills, your relationships, the level of success you can achieve and your overall quality of life.